Wednesday, January 27, 2010

(Comfortable) Dancing Shoes

Anyone who has been a BM before knows there's a 99% chance that you won't last all night in your heels throughout the wedding reception. I've had this conversation with my mom numerous times. (My mother thinks spending hours in four inch heels is a cinch). I remind her that as a BM- you spend a lot more time in the shoes than your typical wedding guest. First of all, you start way earlier and are in your shoes for pictures and running around doing errands for the bride (fetching water, finding the photographer, keeping early arriving guests far away, etc). Second, while all the other guests are comfortably sitting through the ceremony- you are literally standing up the entire time at the bride's side, rightfully performing your duty as a BM.

So if you were not blessed with my mother's ease in stilettos, like me- you always bring a change of shoes for the party. However, I am always plagued with what to do with my cumbersome flip flops? I've hidden them in the bridal suite, then gotten locked out. I've made mad dashes to the party room to hide them under the table before the ceremony even starts, or made my date carry them in a shopping bag. Not exactly the classiest of moves.

But that will all change for my next wedding, now that I've discovered Rolleez. Rolleez are the answer to a BM's achy feet prayers. They are adorable ballet flats, available in 7 different colors that you can roll up and easily stash in your clutch, since they don't take up a lot of room. No one even knows that you are "packin" an extra pair of shoes. They are absolutely adorable, comfortable and most of all - easy on your wallet! (Plus if it's winter- you don't necessarily want to wear flip flops. No pedicure is required!)

If you are a bride reading this, Rolleez also make an excellent bridesmaid's gift. They come packaged as a gift in a little box with a tote bag. This way you can make sure that all of your BFFs are comfortable and literally have their dancing shoes on. I highly recommend checking them out.

Happy Bridesmaiding!

1 comment:

srk521 said...

I did the silver ones for my BMs and they went over so well!! I bought a white pair for myself. They were great to work with and gave me a special bride discount for a large order!